Cole Motorsports – LaserCut Peel-Ply Laminates – Military Vehicle Application
• 4 Layers of 4mil Mylar pre-laminated for easy install and easy removal as required.
• Precision cut to ft any vehicle or window.
• Rock Strike and abrasion resistant
• Ability to instantly have a clear non-pitted window. (This is especially important in a low horizon environment)
• No issues with visibility when used with night-vision goggles.
• The clearest available window laminate available with highest available light transmission (88% light
transmission with a 4 layer product)
• Pre-tabbed for easy removal of each layer as required (see drawing above)
• Best technical support in the industry
Typical Peel Ply Laminate Laser Cut Design
Multi Layer Laminate Film Technical Data
Product Description: Laminated-TearoffTM protective lens for windshields and critical applications
is a four-layer, removable, optically clear polyester lens stack. It is designed to protect the exterior of
vehicle windows from scratching, pitting, cracking, and vision reducing debris. A soiled lens can be
removed easily, revealing a new lens surface.
Lens: Polyester flm Adhesive: Acrylic #of Layers: 4 Sizes: Lassr Custom cut to ft
Typical Physical Characteristics:
Note: The following data should be considered representative or
typical only and should not be used for specifcation purposes.
ASTM Test Method
Base Lens Thickness: 4 mils D-3652
Removable Lens Thickness: 4 mils D-3652
Overall Laminate Thickness: 18 mils D-3652
Base Lens Adhesion: 15 oz./in. D-3330 ‘
Lens-to-Lens Adhesion: 6 oz./in. D-3330
Visible Light Transmission: 88% D-1003
Lens-to-Lens Adhesion: 6 oz./in. D-3330
Haze 4.5% D-1003
• Optimized adhesion to glass and polycarbonate surfaces.
• Designed for both harsh exterior and interior surface protection applications.
• A single installation provides four-layers of protection while reducing installation and removal costs
versus single-layer protective flm.
• Laminates can be installed on top of each other providing 8 or 12 layers of protection.
• Durable hard-coat prevents scratches caused by installation, cleaning, wiper blades or the environment.
• Thick polyester laminate prevents scratching and pitting of the layers below.
• Laminate protects glass and polycarbonate surfaces from chemical etching.
• Blocks >98% of harmful UV rays.
• Race proven technology at speeds >200 MPH.
Laminated-TearoffTM Lens for Windshields and Critical Applications
Applications: Laminated-TearoffTM protective lens for windshields and critical applications protects
interior and exterior surfaces of glass and polycarbonate windows such as military vehicles, armored
vehicles, construction vehicles, and racecars. Proven for protecting non-coated glass and polycar
bonate surfaces that are subject to frequent abrasion, scratches, pitting, hazing, cracking or chemical
etching. Applications for non-transportation vehicles include commercial and industrial windows and
displays in high traffc areas.
Service Life: Recommended service removal is 6 to 12 months per layer or a maximum of 36 months
total service life for a four layer product.
Storage: Store ﬂat, indoors under normal conditions of 60° to 80°F and 40 to 60% relative humidity
in the original packaging.
Shelf Life: For best performance, use this laminate within 36 months of manufacture date.
Multi Layer Laminate Performance Charts
Race Team Performance Poll:
University of Dayton
Rock Strike Test :
Reynard Laboratories Study
Shows actual percentage of spectral
transmission by layer:
In addition Cole Motorsports has suppllied peel ply laminates to other manufacturers such as JCB, Ceredyne, PPG, as well as 3000 or more prototype applications for BAE. Laminates have also been supplied for armored vehicle applications used by the Mexican government on police vehicles. We are currently working on projects with Navistar, and other vehicle manufacturers.
Cole Motorsports, LLC PO Box 1810 Bluefeld, WV 24701 • 304-325-8534